…and not enough time nor money!
This post is based on a Writing101 prompt: write a list – a list of things you like, of things you have learnt, or any kind of list. I set a timer for 30 minutes – as that was all the time I could spend on this assignment – and made a few lists of things I would like to happen. It wasn’t easy with a cat between me and the keyboard!
Places to go
- Germany: I only went there once for 3-4 days but I would love to go back and visit my language partners!
- Italy: I live so close to Italy that I can’t believe I have never been there. It’s time!
- Spain: I went there a few times as a child, but now that I am relearning Spanish, I want to go back!
- Canada: I spent 8 months in Montreal, QC during my BA and would love to go back and see more!
- The USA: I watch so many series that take place in this country, it would be great to see it without a screen.
Languages to (re)learn
- Italian: relearning it would give me access to more jobs and give me one more reason to visit Italy.
- Japanese: I have always wanted to learn Japanese but it seems like such an ordeal!
- Russian: the grammar of this language fascinates me, I look forward to learning more.
- American sign language (ASL): I started learning it a few months ago and would love to continue.
- French sign language (LSF): I would love to take a class in my city – I just haven’t been able to afford it.
Things to do
Finish my website: it has been going on long enough! I am finishing it this month. This is non-negotiable.
- Get a couples’ massage: it won’t happen any time soon but I always wanted to try it.
- Go to a concert: I can’t even remember the last time I went to one. I love music, I want to go!
- Reach my goal weight: it will probably take me years but I think I’m on the right track.
- Try a new sport: I have meaning to try kyudô (Japanese archery) for a while, or maybe boxing or dancing.
Things to get
Curtains: my current obsession – I need them to divide my living room in two areas.
- Driving licence: I have waited long enough – I need to learn how to drive before I turn 30.
Fitbit Charge: at first my Flex wristband was more than I needed, but now I want more! Mirror: the only mirror we have is in the bathroom and the lighting there is terrible. Pinboard: I would like to display postcards, photographs, etc. on a wall.
I intended to list things I want to do or make but ran out of time – maybe in a later post!