…I would ask you to hand me the whipped cream
If we were having hot chocolate or any beverage of your choice, I would like to know everything that has been going on with you. I would ask about your overall state, the people and pets you care most about, the activities that take up most of your time, your ongoing projects, and any acquaintances we might have in common.
If we were having hot chocolate, I would make it a point to make you update me on your life first, because there are many things I am excited about today and I wouldn’t want to hog the conversation.
September goals update
If we were having hot chocolate, I would update you on my goals for this month ahead of tomorrow’s activity report, based on yesterday’s stats. I meant to review my goals halfway through the month anyway.
- Sleep/Diet: I failed to make these two goals measurable – and not miserable as I initially wrote – and can’t put numbers on my progress, but let’s be honest: it doesn’t look good for either.
- Exercising: I’m on schedule with 85,645 steps taken in 17 days – that’s slightly over my goal of 5,000 steps a day. Don’t ask me about fitness though – but success at one of these goals would be enough for a start.
- Social life: I have interacted with friends on 13 days (out of 16) including 7 days in person (out of 8). That’s a goal I will definitely reach!
- Entertainment: with 32h54 in 17 days, I’m right below the authorised amount of 2 hours of TV per day.
- Language learning: with only 25h20, I have fallen behind but still have hope to reach my 60-hour goal.
- Actual work: with only 8,573 words translated, it seems unlikely that I will reach my 50,000-word goal this month, but I will keep trying – and try again next month.
- Marketing: I am only at 7 pages written and proofread out of 12 but still have time to do it.
Last week update
If we were having hot chocolate, I would tell you that things are looking up. So far this week, I have:
- helped my mother join italki over the phone without getting angry and hanging up,
- spend an afternoon with a good friend who just got her master’s degree,
- found new interesting texts to translate in various fields and begun translating them,
- discovered a new Youtube channel for German videos (on personal development),
- skyped with one of my German friends for the first time in weeks.
If we were having hot chocolate, I might admit that my biggest fear as a person in a relationship is to lose my partner – whichever the cause. I might also suggest that the biggest misconception people have about relationships is that having a boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse, etc. is the ultimate source of happiness.
If we were having hot chocolate, I would have to fight my cats, especially the female who doesn’t realise what is and isn’t good for her and likes hot chocolate too much.
Plans for next week
If we were having hot chocolate, I would express enthusiasm at the idea of:
- seeing my father who will be staying with me for a few days starting tonight,
- writing a letter to my partner and hopefully receiving an answer the same week,
- meeting a French couchsurfer who will spend two nights at my place,
- attending a one-day conference on data journalism,
- interpreting for a one-day photo shoot provided I get the job *fingers crossed*,
- spending Saturday night with friends for a tasting of Corsican specialities,
- doing my best to reach my goals!
If we were having hot chocolate, I would tell you that this is my 50th post on this blog and that WordPress just gave me a new badge to celebrate!
If we were having hot chocolate, now would be the time when I have to make myself another one!