Who am I?
A French woman living in my homeland with my partner and our cats, I fell in love with English at an early age and let my passion drive me through life. After studying English and other languages in college, I set up as a freelance translator and made language learning (and teaching) an integral part of my daily routine.
Since I’m not a native speaker, I welcome any comment regarding my writing. If I misspelled a word or my phrasing sounds weird, feel free to let me know – I will be grateful, as long as your message is polite and tactful! You can write to me in English, French, German, Spanish, or Italian – I welcome any opportunity to practise.
Unfortunately, the freelance life takes some getting used to, which is why I started a self-monitoring project in August to help me make adjustments that fit my lifestyle and aspirations. I keep track of my sleep, diet, exercise, mood, social life, language learning, etc. to remember, understand, and evolve.
Would you like to know more?
Here is a short selection of posts to get to know me:
- as a language learner, translator, and self tracker: Who I am: 3 things about myself
- through my goals and aspirations: Places to go, languages to learn
- through my reasons for blogging: Why I write and what I write about
- through my weekly and monthly self-monitoring reports: all posts with the ‘report’ tag
- through my answers to NaBloPoMo prompts: all posts in the ‘NaBloPoMo’ category