a.k.a. Not much of a roundup now, is it?
With September around the corner, a lot of us are busy with professional and personal matters – especially for those who have kids – which probably explains why so few bloggers answered the NaBloPoMo prompts this week. If I missed any answers, please let me know in the comments so I can add them later – thank you!
…but I’m not going back to school ever again
This post is based on a NaBloPoMo prompt: Did you like returning to school at the end of summer, or did you always dread the start of the year?
The way I remember it, I always looked forward to a new school year for the following reasons:
- I would get to see my friends again, most of whom I hadn’t see all summer.
- There would be some new friends, too – or at least I hoped there would.
- With some luck, new teachers would replace those I didn’t like or that didn’t like me.
- I would start a new subject that already interested me (e.g. initiation to technology).
- I would no longer have a subject that I hated (e.g. earth and life sciences). Continue reading